Reading this week that the folks from Raspberry Pi have shipped their 5 millionth unit made me think about the true cost of hardware. Here we have a basic computer that ships for less than $30 and now with version 2 shipping runs a vast number OS’s including Windows 10.
EMEA Product Marketing, Core Technologies
As a product marketing lead based in London, UK. I'm often seen presenting to EMC’s partners and end users at various events across Europe. I have over 20 years experience in the storage market, largely gained in the financial and legal sectors, including PaineWebber, part of UBS, and Clifford Chance, the international legal practice, where I was the storage manager for a number of years. But I've also held had product marketing stints at Quantum and previously at EMC. I'm married with two children and live in Guildford, Surrey.
Latest posts by Mark Galpin (see all)
- Don’t just focus on the hardware - February 19, 2015
- Backups: How Many Do You Need? - February 4, 2015
- Keep those Data Protection questions coming! - November 13, 2014
- The DPArmy live from “Redefine Possible” in London - July 11, 2014
- The Data Protection Conundrum - June 18, 2014